top of page
Search

Breathing to Reduce Stress and Lower Blood Pressure

Deep breathing (sometimes called diaphragmatic breathing) is a practice that enables more air to flow into your body slows your heart rate, which help calm your nerves, reducing stress and anxiety. It can also help you improve your attention span, lower high blood pressure and even aide digestion.


Deep breathing detoxifies the body as breathing is in charge of 70% of cleansing the body of toxins (the other 30% is through bladder and bowels.) If you do not breath fully, your body must work overtime to release these toxins.


Deep breathing also ups your endorphins, the “feel good” chemical.


Deep breathing techniques begin with cross-legged meditation or sitting in a chair.


1. Place your hand on your belly 2. Slowly inhale through your nose, let the belly bloated, count 1-10, hold your breath for 2-3 seconds 3. Exhale slowly through your mouth, count 1-15, feeling your belly moving back in 4. Repeat 5-10 times for about 5 minutes

So what are you waiting for? Take a deep breath in… And out!






Recent Posts

See All

Signs that You May Have "Kidney Disease"

Kidneys are one of the most important organs in our body. They are responsible for removing waste from the body through the urinary system. If kidneys dysfunction or are not working properly, they wil

Commenti


bottom of page